Signing up for Direct Deposit gives you additional options
You shouldn't have to pay a high price for a small mistake
Really, it can happen to anyone. You forget about that big purchase you made last week. You have an expensive medical emergency. You miss a paycheck, or simply make a mathematical error. The end result is all the same: a checking account that's overdrawn.
At some banks and credit unions, this can mean bounced checks and a Texas-sized return-check fee owed to the affected merchant. At ALLIANCE, we spare you that hassle. We'll cover your payment until you can pay us back.
- All members can set up Overdraft Protection. If you have money in another ALLIANCE account, we'll transfer it to your checking account to cover any shortfall. There is no fee for ALLIANCE making this transfer for you.
- If you do NOT have another ALLIANCE account to draw off of for Overdraft Protection, we will make the payment for you granted you have an established Direct Deposit (we will cover up to 3/4 of your previous 30 days direct deposit up to $1000)*.
- Courtesy Pay can be terminated any time for abuse, including regularly exceeding the overdraft limit.
- We will charge a $24.00 fee each time an overdraft transaction item is paid. There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account. The daily negative balance fee of $2.00 will be charged if the balance at the end of the day is negative. This fee applies per business day until the account balance is positive. We will charge a $24.00 insufficient (NSF) fee for each transaction item that is returned unpaid. See Fee Schedule.
- There are standard overdraft services that come with your account, fee free for every credit union member. ALLIANCE CU will authorize and pay overdrafts for: Share drafts/checks, and other transactions made using your checking accounts; Automatic bill payments; and ACH transactions.
- ALLIANCE CU will not authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM transactions and/or one-time debit card transactions UNLESS YOU ASK US TO. Please contact an ALLIANCE CU employee if you would like to receive Overdraft Protection for all services. You may revoke your coverage decision at any time by contacting the Credit Union in writing or by phone. (insert contact information)
- Your account must be brought to a positive balance at least once every thirty-five (35) days to continue receiving Courtesy Pay benefits.
- Courtesy Pay is available to personal consumer checking accounts that maintain a regular, recurring direct deposit of $500 or more/month.
- We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
We're here to help
Convenient and easy to use, our calculators provide good data to make better decisions.
Access our Financial Education articles for the most important financial decisions of your life.
Access your accounts wherever you go and whenever it’s convenient.